In order for your Nissan X-Trail to keep running smoothly and reliably, you should get it serviced every 10,000km or 12 months, whichever occurs first. If that period is ending, your dashboard will probably be displaying a service light, reminding you that it is time to get your X-Trail in for a check-up.
For the health and durability of your car, it is important to pay attention to these service lights, and book your X-Trail in for a service. If you’re looking for reliable and genuine Nissan servicing, get in touch with us at Maddington Nissan. We are trusted by drivers all over the city for reliably servicing any Nissan X-Trail in Perth.
How to reset service lights in a Nissan X-Trail
Once your vehicle has been serviced, you will want to reset the service lights in your dashboard. The process is simple and takes less than a minute to do. The steps will vary slightly, depending on the year and variant of your X-Trail, but most will be very similar.
For resetting the service lights in a Nissan X-Trail, follow the steps below:
- Turn the ignition “ON”
- Press the back button twice until you see “SETTINGS” displayed on the dashboard. If you have trouble finding the back button, it is on the top right hand side of your steering wheel.
- Select “SETTINGS” and press “ENTER” to confirm.
- Press the “ENTER” button up or down until you find “MAINTENANCE”
- Select “MAINTENANCE” and press “ENTER” to confirm
- Press the “ENTER” button up or down again until you get to “SERVICE”.
- Select “SERVICE” and press “ENTER” to confirm
- Follow the prompts to reset or if no prompt is visible, press “ENTER” and it should ask you if you want to reset.
- Choose “yes” and press “ENTER” to confirm.
To confirm that you have successfully reset the service lights, turn your Nissan X-Trail off and then restart it. When you do so, there should be no service messages displayed on your dashboard.
What to do if the service light comes on
If your service light comes on, it probably means you haven’t serviced your car for 10,000km or for 12 months. If that is the case, it’s time to get your X-Trail serviced by a genuine servicer.
When you have your vehicle serviced at a Nissan dealership, you can have peace of mind that your car is being looked after by the best. Nissan technicians are factory-trained experts who know your car inside and out. They use up to date Nissan diagnostic equipment that are designed for your car.
Nissan dealerships only use genuine parts which are designed, manufactured and tested to the highest standards at Nissan. Genuine parts are also backed by a 12 month/20,000km warranty.
Where to service a Nissan X-Trail in Perth
So if it’s time for you to service your Nissan X-Trail Perth’s most trusted Nissan dealership Maddington Nisson is here to help. Give us a call today on (08) 9493 6777 to book your car in. We guarantee you a top customer experience and a reliable service for your car every time.